Hi, I am asking on behalf of my dad, he

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2019 in Cancer
Question: Hi, I am asking on behalf of my dad, he was diagnosed as invasive adenocarcinoma early October this year and he had surgery removing part of his lung. Stage is 1A. He told me recently that he has been experiencing touge lain ( middle part of top surface) for almost two weeks. I am wondering if this symptom is related with his lung cancer? And what can we do to make him feel better. He does cough a lot after the surgery.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Tongue pain is unrelated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I have gone through the query. So first of all tongue pain is unrelated to lung cancer. Moreover, it was very early stage disease and chances of it coming back are minimal. So, nothing to be worried of.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 28 hours later
Thanks Doctor. Could you tell me a few possible causes of touge pain?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HELLO. MOST LIKELY IS ULCERS

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. So most likely cause of tongue pain are aphthous ulcers of tongue or some oral cavity infection. A clinical examination needs to be done to find the cause.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng