Hi Doctor, This is Mohanraj XXXXXXX My mom age is

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,

This is Mohanraj XXXXXXX

My mom age is 47 and she is suffering with knee pain for both legs. we can see the knee swollen.

we showed to different doctors but there is no improvement and when we asked why it is swollen they said this due to lack fluid between the bones.

when she uses the tablets she wont feel much pain but once we stops the tablets will feel pain again.

could you please suggest....
Answered by Dr. Kampana 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor'.

I have gone through your query and your mother is having osteoporosis of knees. This is an age related degeneration/wear and tear of bone joints.

Best treatment is exercise and rest to the joint. I would suggest she does exercises such as raising her leg straight holding for 30 sec while lying on bed. This has to be done on both legs separately. This will help strengthen her knee joint.

For pain she can take Tab. Etoricoxib 90 mg after breakfast and Tab. Nusaid P after dinner for 5 days. Hot bag fomentation helps.

In case of severe pain then knee joint replacement may have to be done.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to discuss further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana