Hi Doctor, My wife is pregnant. She had her last
Could be abortion again, get her checked by the gynaecologist ASAP.
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX
Welcome back to Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone through your query and have noted the previous conversations.
Given the previous history of abortion and watery discharge followed by reddish spotting, I suspect onset of abortion this time as well.
In my opinion, you must consult your gynaecologist as soon as possible to confirm as it requires immediate ultrasound scanning and vaginal exam.
I hope this answers your query for now.
You should tell the doctor that there was watery discharge before spotting
Hello again Mr XXXXXXX
You should inform that doctor that it was watery discharge initially and then spotting started.
Ask the doctor to come and examine.
It is the least she/he can do.
If there is no pain, you can wait. Consult the same doctor
Hello again Mr XXXXXXX
Thank you for writing back with further details.
If there is no pain, you can wait for some more time.
Bed rest is essential.
It is best to consult the same doctor as she would be knowing all the relevant details.
If it is indeed abortion, then even if you see another doctor, there is nothing much that can be done, and we will have to let the nature take its own course.
It does not seem like abortion if the spotting has stopped completely now.
I hope things turn out to be not serious at all. Yes, it is common to experience some spotting during pregnancy, but it is also a warning sign for abortion.
So it is best to be cautious, that is why I insisted on you visiting the doctor.
I hope this answers your query.
Best wishes for you and your wife.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...