Hi Doctor. I had a sexual encounter today 31 December.
You have to wait for atleast 15 days to get reliable result.
Welcome to HCM.
The risk of contracting HIV from single unprotected sex is very less specifically when the status of partner is unknown so don't get too much afraid or worried. The development of antibodies against HIV virus atleast take 15 days so you have to wait for 2 weeks to get reliable result. Calm down and go for 4th generation HIV Duos test to know your status. For any further query feel free to ask me again any time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?