question-icon

Hi Doctor, By mistake I threw a XXXXXXX in my

Posted on Thu, 28 Mar 2019
Question: Hi Doctor,

By mistake I threw a XXXXXXX in my dust bin. Then i found that i need that XXXXXXX so i took that XXXXXXX from dust bin.
After that by mistake I put my finger into my nose. Kindly let me know if there is any chance of contracting Hep C, Hep B, VDRL, HIV, etc. I am already on Sertraline for Health anxiety

Shan
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No risk of contracting Hep C, Hep B, VDRL or HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

There is no risk of contracting HIV or any other STDs in the exposure you had mentioned so you need not to take worry at all about any thing because you are absolutely safe. Just calm down, allay the fear or anxiety and live your life normally. If any other query is there feel free to ask me again.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist