Hi Doc. I am healthy 65 year old guy. No
I am healthy 65 year old guy. No medication at all... I have had herpes since my twenties with very few outbreaks. About a month ago a developed a rash/ sores on my lower middle back. Looking with a mirror it looks like three round holes smaller than a dime. This has not happened before? I have been treating with neosporem cream . It%E2%80%99s still rough but not as painful. However I%E2%80%99m not sure it%E2%80%99s getting better. Is this likely a herpes type outbreak or something more serious?
Pyoderma or herpes infection, upload pictures
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and it could be either pyoderma which is a bacterial infection or herpes infection.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas under the report section of the site so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs