Hello....I m attaching an image of a report from my

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Hello....I'm attaching an image of a report from my CT cardiac calcium scoring. I am a 70 year old male in excellent health, have never smoked and excercise daily. I had the calcium scoring done three years ago and the score was 89. As you will see, the score is now 140, all of which is in the LAD. I am asymptomatic. Do you feel this score is anything to be very concerned over and would you recommend any further testing? Thank you for your time and expertise!
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Few steps needs to be taken

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to suggest you that taking into consideration

1. Family history of heart disease

2. Your age

3. The rate of progression of calcification deposits

4. And the calcium score itself

It's advisable that you should personally consult a cardiologist and get a Stress test done like TMT to make sure that this amount of lesion does not cause any sort of coronary insufficiency during physical activity.

But if it does then further investigation like a coronary angiogram may be required.

I hope this information will answer your query and will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap