Hello....I m attaching an image of a report from my

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Hello....I'm attaching an image of a report from my CT cardiac calcium scoring. I am a 70 year old male in excellent health, have never smoked and excercise daily. I had the calcium scoring done three years ago and the score was 89. As you will see, the score is now 140, all of which is in the LAD. I am asymptomatic. Do you feel this score is anything to be very concerned over and would you recommend any further testing? Thank you for your time and expertise!
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Only a mild progression of coronary calcium score

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back on HCM!

I understand your concern and would like to explain that your coronary calcium score is considered mild, just switching to a moderate degree (101 - 400); with a high likelihood of mild atherosclerotic coronary plaque presence.

Nevertheless, you shouldn't worry too much about, as this test has only approximate predictive value based on probabilities and can't determine precisely whether a coronary plaque with an exact resulting stenosis is present or not.

But, the higher a coronary calcium score, the most likely a coronary stenosis presence appears.

Considering you are a healthy active individual, completely asymptomatic, I would recommend following your healthy life-style and performing periodic medical checkups including any provocative cardiac tests like:

- a standard exercise cardiac stress test,
- cardiac stress echo with contrast enhancement,
- nuclear perfusional cardiac stress test

which could better delineate the presence of provoked myocardial ischemia and guide you through further diagnostic steps if necessary.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri