Hello...I m attaching a few images of a small pigmented

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello...I'm attaching a few images of a small pigmented spot which I have, located on the back of my thigh, midway between the buttocks and knee. I noticed it when I was doing a self skin-check, although I believe I recall seeing it there quite a few years ago and looking the same as it currently does. It is light brown/ XXXXXXX and slightly larger than one quarter of an inch. It is smooth.

I do visit a dermatologist twice yearly for skin checks, and no concern was expressed over the spot. Do you have any idea what it could be and whether I should be concerned? My dermatologist did diagnose me with a patch of tinea versicolor located between my breasts, and this does look somewhat like it. Thank you!
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Freckle

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
It is light brown/tan colored spot. It doesn't look concerning at all. Most likely it is a freckle. A freckle is always benign.