Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

157 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hello doctor, I have developed some kind of a boil

Answered by
Dr. Prasad

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3149 Questions

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor,

I have developed some kind of a boil below my neck on the back side. Attached a picture for your reference. There is some pain / discomfort only when it is in contact with something. Please let me know if any medical intervention is required?

Raj XXXXXXX Gumdal
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Topical antiseptic agents...

Detailed Answer:

I was able to view the picture attached. It seems like an localised infection - ingrown hair follicle or impetigo. These is little amount of pus pointing. I'd suggest to apply topical antiseptic agents like bactroban / neosporin ointmnent on the affected area. If it hurts a lot, visit a doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on