Hello doc.. I am a homosexual, an hour ago I

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hello doc.. I am a homosexual, an hour ago I touched one stranger's sperm and precum whose HIV and STD status is unknown. Since I have a bad habbit of biting me nails .. I am worried that it might have given a path for virus to enter my blood stream. Am very much worried ..but I don't have wond on hand or nearnail end .but the I also have a common prob of peeling of skin of finger behind the nails. Am very much worried with this event.please help
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your HIV risk can be considered as "negligible"

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again to HCM.
There is every possibility of the stranger could be a HIV negative person. Then there is no question of HIV Infection or transmission.
Even if we consider him as HIV positive person, mere contact with semen or precum were not infectious as long as your skin is intact.
But your nail biting habit and skin peeling tendencies are making a risk, as there was a possibility of microscopic (not visible) abrasions.
As per CDC, XXXXXXX USA your risk is negligible only as far as HIV transmission is concerned. (https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html)
So nothing to worry much.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Hello doc.. I am a homosexual, an hour ago I 3 hours later
Do I need to get tested ?..but handjob is considered to be safe rite? .since peeled off skin behind the nail was not fresh.no blood nothing as such.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ruling out HIV with test will relieve unnecessary mental tension

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome back.
Microscopic abrasions would not be obvious. Complete healing with replacement of normal skin or mucus membrane may take not less than a week. Till then these spots are devoid of resistance to entry to organism. But all these are remote possibilities only.
Having the HIV test and ruling out the negligible possibility once for all, will relieve unnecessary mental tension.
Dr S Murugan

Follow-up: Hello doc.. I am a homosexual, an hour ago I 2 hours later
Thanks doc. for your response. I don't think testing is necessary.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
That is the spirit. You are unlikely to get the infection. You are welcome at any time.
Dr S Murugan