Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
182 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hello, My name is XXXXXXX ,im 39yrs old and ever

Answered by
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 6139 Questions

Posted on Thu, 21 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello,
My name is XXXXXXX ,im 39yrs old and ever since, the beginning of the year, my ankles (both) have been in tremendous pain! And im not able to apply pressurenor walk pain is at the scale from 1-10 i would say 10. I've taken ibprophen 600 milgrams, Vicodin and even some gout cream . Can anyone help me or direct me?, its been getting worse.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can consult a rheumatologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor's service. I read your query and here is my advice.

There are different conditions and diseases that cause the pain in ankels such osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, reactive arthritis gout or injuries etc.
You should do an xray of the joints, do a total blood count, blood chemistry and visit a rheumatologist to determine the exact cause or disease of pain.

Also you can use advil or acetaminophen for pain and keep limbs elevated.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on