Hello. My husband has been lethargic on and off for

Dr. Parth Goswami

Posted on Sun, 6 Jan 2019 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello. My husband has been lethargic on and off for 2 weeks. The last 6 days he has exhibited the following symptoms: slow response when asked questions, his eyes are different in size (his right eye is half closed), his gait is different, and his speech is mumbled and slow. All of these symptoms are changes from a very active man. He is not hungry and I have to beg him to eat. His BP is normal, HR 69, nystagmus test normal. Your thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Parth Goswami 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the 'Ask A Doctor service'.
I have reviewed your query and below is my advise.

Your husband could have some transient ischemic attack or some cardiac problem.
So for that 2D echocardiography and CT scan brain should be done for primary work up.
So kindly Check whether these investigations carried out by your cardiologist or not.

If all that comes normal than investigate with serum blood sugar estimation, serum TSH estimation, serum sodium and pottasium estimation and liver profile.

If he is having any severe depression or anxiety history than it can be causative if all reports comes normal.

According to my opinion you should consult him to neurologist for detailed evaluation and examination.

Hope I have answered your question.

I would be happy to help you if you have further questions.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy