Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Having pain on testis. Ultrasound done. Diagnosed as viral infection. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
hi....i m 27 year old..having pain on left side on my testies...i did ultrasound and checked with doctor but nothing came out...doc advised me that may it is any viral infection goes away automatically or wait for two months...but pain is terrible smtimes...sometime it decreases but i dont know wt should i do....
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for writing. I understand your concern and worry.
At your age, severe pain of this sort can be torsion testis - that is twist of the testis to 360 degrees. Ultrasound is not always accurate.
Kindly see a surgeon or a urologist to get proper advice.
U may be need surgical procedure to fix the testis.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back to me for any concern and queries. I am ready to answer. Get well soon.
With best wishes and regards,
DR G Srinivasan.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor