Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Having cold, headache and running nose. What is the problem and which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 125 Questions
hi sir,
i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX i want to know exactly whats the problem and which specialist should i go to !!
My father is having cold and running nose from 6 months. he is having headache many times and feels like nausea and has no energy and i can see he is getting weaker and weaker day by day, his age is 52 and now he is having sleepy feeling all the time. please tell me what should be done ? he is having uric acid and thyroid too but these are in control now but these cold problem is creating a problem. i think may be its a sinus problem but i am not sure . please guide me what should be done. i am to which specialist or doctor should i consult to ?

Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 1 hour later

Complaints of headache associated with nausea occurring periodically is unlikely related to cold or sinus problem. For this complaint you should visit a neurologist/ headache specialist who will take note of details of complaints and carry out clinical examination. Subsequent investigation and treatment plan will be based on this. If needed he will ask for ENT surgeon evaluation also.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor