Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Have unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. Missing periods. Suggest some medicine to stop conception

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
i am a female, 22 years old and i am in a relationship with my collegue.
we had sexual intercourse many times since past 1 year and i had emergency contraceptive pills 3times.
my last commencement of cycle was on 21st aug'12 and the previous one on 10th aug'12. . i took an I-pill on 16th aug'12. after my last date i.e., after 21st aug'12 we had an intercourse but we tried not to have ejaculation in vagina and we succeeded probably. but till taday i dint get my periods. .my usual cycle was of 27 days. since a week i have been getting leg pains and stomach pains which are my symptoms before getting periods, but i i dint get periods yet .we dont want to have a child now. please suggest some medicines or any diet to stop my probable conception.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Emergency pills provide 85-90% protection, if these are taken within 12-24 hrs of having intercourse.
However if you do not want pregnancy you should use either Barrier contraception or combine oral pills instead of emergency pills & unprotected sex, because even though ejaculation is not occurring inside vagina; secretions before semen can have sperms & you can have pregnancy.
So if you have missed your period, get urine pregnancy test done.
After fertilization & implantation of ovum, there are no pills that can prevent conception except abortificient one

I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.

Dr.Monika Choudhary
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. Missing periods. Suggest some medicine to stop conception 1 hour later
hi doctor,

i used velocit urine test kit and it showed positive. i am worried. please tell what to do to get rid of my pregnancy. i have examz coming january. . i will be feeling easy if my pregnancy is dropped. i took help of my friends and tried to know medication for abortion but the doctor asked me to come. .i could not go outside to a doctor. i am felling very guilty. please doctor help me out

thank you
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 3 hours later
I can understand your problem.
But it is totally unethical & banned to prescribe dose & dosage online.
So you would have to visit your doctor & would have to take MTpills under her guidance.
I am sorry I can’t help you any more.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor