Have small and itchy pimple on testicle. What could it be?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: I have small black pimples on my testicular sack...and it itches a little....what is it?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

This pimple most likely represents a sebaceous cysts. Sebaceous glands are a special type of sweat gland that are prominent in the genital region. The gland duct can sometimes get blocked. If this happens, the fluid builds up and they begin to swell. Sebaceous cysts are very common and generally asymptomatic.If they enlarge or get infected then excision might be needed.

The most common cause of infection is trying to squeeze it and so this should not be done.

So bring this to notice of your GP and doctor will decide whether this needs treatment or just wait and watch.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.