Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have red bumps on penis. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
have red bumps on my penis
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload photo

Detailed Answer:
welcome to the forum.
I would be able to comment better if you can describe the site and the size. Is the foreskin retractile? Please include sexual history.
Of more help would be a photograph and upload in the site.
Awaiting your answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red bumps on penis. Suggestions? 18 hours later
Hello, thank you for your reply. I want to give you a detailed story so u have allthe facts about my situation. I am 35 year old male, I have had an active sex life for the last 20 years and have had a few dozen partners in that time. About 3 months ago i met my current g-friend, and after our first intercourse i found a few small red spots on my penis on the head and under right where it meets the skin and even on the inside of the skln. I felt no pain or itchiness, just slight discomfort and a feeling of burning when i peed. I was worried it might be some STD, so my gfriend and i went and got tested and both tests came back negative on everything. The red spots went away few days later and i didnt think much of it. I didnt see her for about a month and didnt masturbate in between. When we had sex again, i got the same reaction of red spots slight burning and discomfort, this time i used some topical cream and the spots went away the next day and the discomfort the day after. I thought that it might be what happens when her and i have sex, maybe our bodies just dont react well, but then about 2 weeks later i had the same reaction to just masturbation when i was by myself about 2 weeks after my last intercourse with her. Now its been about a month sinse ive seen her and still have the same reaction every time i masturbate. I have never had this reaction to sex or masturbation, i know its not a STD because i got tested for all of them, but im wondering if i could have gotten some other type of infection or something that is now making me react this way to masturbation. thank you
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
could be balano- posthitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
This is a unusual situation and there is no ready made answer either.
What strikes me is that there could be low grade persistent infection or balano-posthitis, that probably gets triggered.
The following things might help---
1. Hygiene- clean the area daily with soap ad water and keep it dry.
2. Use condoms almost always to prevent STD.
3. Anti- bacterial ointments like mupirocin- topically (local application) twice daily for three weeks.
4. A course of oral antibiotics for 5 days - like amoxycillin and cloxacillin combination.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor