Owl Image

Have itchy white bumps on mons pubis area. Could it be STD?

Question
Hi I have tiny white bumps maybe like 4, on my mons pubis area and I did try to squeeze them out but blood starts to come out mixed with a clear liquid. They still haven't gone away after I tried to squeeze it out, they are itchy but not painful, is it an STD? I shave a lot so I thought it was an ingrown like I've had before but I'm not sure if its the same situation because I was able to squeeze it out and get the hair out.
Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 57 minutes later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for writing

I have seen the image and they are small pustules due to shaving and infection of the hair follicle.Keep the area dry , apply neosoprin or neomycin powder over it.You can take a course of antibiotics like azithromycin or doxycycline under doctor's prescription and guidance.Do not use shower gels and deodorants or perfumed soaps.Always use vaginal wash to prevent the infection and maintain the vaginal pH.You can take an antihistaminic like cetrizine if itching is more.Do not wear damp underclothes or swim suits.Get VDRL test done to be on safer side.Do not squeeze them.

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome

Follow-up: Have itchy white bumps on mons pubis area. Could it be STD? 17 hours later
Thank you very much!

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 22 hours later
you are welcome dear

Best wishes once again