Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

178 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have itchy white bumps on mons pubis area. Could it be STD?

Answered by
Dr. Minoo Bhagia


Practicing since :1983

Answered : 979 Questions

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi I have tiny white bumps maybe like 4, on my mons pubis area and I did try to squeeze them out but blood starts to come out mixed with a clear liquid. They still haven't gone away after I tried to squeeze it out, they are itchy but not painful, is it an STD? I shave a lot so I thought it was an ingrown like I've had before but I'm not sure if its the same situation because I was able to squeeze it out and get the hair out.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 57 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for writing

I have seen the image and they are small pustules due to shaving and infection of the hair follicle.Keep the area dry , apply neosoprin or neomycin powder over it.You can take a course of antibiotics like azithromycin or doxycycline under doctor's prescription and guidance.Do not use shower gels and deodorants or perfumed soaps.Always use vaginal wash to prevent the infection and maintain the vaginal pH.You can take an antihistaminic like cetrizine if itching is more.Do not wear damp underclothes or swim suits.Get VDRL test done to be on safer side.Do not squeeze them.

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Minoo Bhagia 17 hours later
Thank you very much!
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 22 hours later
you are welcome dear

Best wishes once again
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Mons pubis

doctor1 MD

Hey. I have a few bumps on my mons pubis. Its somewhat itchy, but its not that serious. I think they may be shaving bumps, but i dont know entirely. Theyre not large bumps, but theyre not that tiny either. They dont have any specific coloring to them other than the coloring of my skin. Any treatments to make them go away?

doctor1 MD

I have 3 small cuts in the mons pubis, it hurts if i spread the top lips, I had this symptom for a few days but i thought that it was just my pubic hair growing, also my lips are extremely dry. I am so worried about this, I am goin to the GYN ASAP just hope is nothing or at least something that can be treated. Any thoughts =(

doctor1 MD

I just noticed my mons pubis (or maybe slightly above what the mons pubis is?) is swollen. I don t think I m pregnant... (I did a clear blue pregnancy test two days ago to make sure because I was worried) I start my period Friday, but my friend said even if I get my period, I still may be pregnant. It has been 6-7 weeks since the last time I foolishly had unprotected sex. He didn t finish inside, but I m aware it s still possible to get pregnant either way.... Are there any other reasons why there may be swelling in this area? All I can find online is the pregnancy reason and I m freaking out. I m 23 and 120 lbs if that helps... I have a doctors appointment made, but it s 3 weeks away. Do walk-in clinics draw blood for pregnancy tests??

doctor1 MD

I have a circular raised lump on my mons pubis, where it rubs against my thigh. I had one about a month ago, though it was a cyst, popped it, and it went away. It was really gross. Now, there is one in the exact same relative location again. It is about the size of a penny, and is swollen, though it is hard to see. It can be felt easily though. Is this a cyst? What should i do to make it go away?

doctor1 MD

My daughter had these little cuts on her mons pubis like paper cuts. Tiny. Weeping a little with clear liquid. She said she hadnt hurt herself or scratched it. We hadnt had a recent change in soap or laundry detergent. I got her to use an...

doctor1 MD

Hi I had sex with my gentleman friend three days ago. The postion was a bit awkward and the sex was a bit rough. A day later my mons pubis became very swollen. I'm wondering if this is STI related or is it due to the rough sex. And will this go...

doctor1 MD

On my mons pubis , I have 5 or 6 white spots like discoloration. They are not raised and do not itch. They feel like normal skin. I know for a fact I have no stds. They have been there for a while. Is this vitligo possibly? I read about lichen...