Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have autistic, often aggressive behaviors and have injuries. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
my ex is falsely accusing me (mother) and boyfriend of child abuse and has filled for an emergency full custody order. Unfortunately he is filling for reasons that do not concern real concern for his safety. My boyfriend and my son were wrestling and I know this is where the injury is from. My son is autistic and has often aggressive behaviors and injuries are common. my ex is claiming it is a pinch XXXXXXX from someone's hand. I was wondering where might be a good place for me to contact to receive this type of specialist capable of possibly ruling out that accusation or help show evidence that this injury could be from any other cause, for instance, a pinch between the floor and a body part or toy.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Forensic medicine specialist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The picture that you flashed along with this mail shows bruising and to determine what has actually caused bruising is difficult to determine for the regular doctors. If at all they comment, they wont be doing it with certainty to be put on records.
The kind of doctors who can be good at this are forensic medicine specialists. They deal with most of the medico-legal issues and they can comment on such a case after thorough examination. In India we have such forensic medical experts in each of the medical schools. Same should be the case in United States, which you can enquire from your GP.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor