Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have acid reflux and headache. Feeling dizzy. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14995 Questions
Acid reflux, headache feel a bit dizzy
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Acid reflux is common, in some persons it can be a chronic problem which is relieved by diet and lifestyle changes as well as the use of medication.If you have a history of reflux this means reducing the use of fried/fatty/spicy/ citrus foods, using small meals,reducing the use of chocolate/mint/tomatoes, weight loss if necessary, waiting 2 hrs after eating before reclining

If there is no previous history of problems with reflux then it may occur as a result of the use of aggravating foods or indicate that the stomach is irritated or inflamed.
This can occur in viral illness and would normally resolve when the illness resolves.
Viral illnesses are also commonly associated with headaches and dizziness.If the symptoms started about the same time the chance that it is related to an infection increases.

There are a number of viral conditions that can be associated with these conditions such as (1) viruses associated with gastroenteritis such as rotavirus, adenovirus, norwalk virus. The treatment is essentially the same - rest, using enough fluids to prevent dehydration if vomiting or diarhoea occur.
At your stage- rest, fluids and medication to reduce the symptoms of reflux such as prilosec, prevacid or nexium.

(2) other viruses may cause reflux by affecting or reducing the appetite. Some persons may experience symptoms of reflux when they skip meals.
These would include viruses such as the flu or cold virus.

At present it is possible that you may be in an early stage of infection.

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment which would include a thorough history and physical examination.

I hope this helps,, feel free to ask any other questions and include any additional information regarding your symptoms
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor