Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Has been having problems with ear. Took a course of antibiotics. Not cured. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
hi my partner has been having problems with his ear for about 4 months, weve been to the emergency 6 times in the last month because he has had grass/grass seeds and bugs (ants,cockroches,spiders,earwigs,fruit flys,and the little bugs that you get swinmming in your pool) but every time we got to the doctor ing incure say is that they cant see any thing and give us a course of antibiotics .i know the bugs are coming out form his ears because i have to pull them from his head, they come out stangly bent/curved like a hook almost,plus there flat no more tham 3ml width and are unable to walk as well..... are you able to help me with a treatment or way to get the doctors to listen to us.a response wold be greatly appreciated. thank you kindly
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding pecurrent insect in the ear of your partener and observation of your doctor.Here first of all I would like to tell you that our external ear canal is consist of a tubular structure and is closed from inner end.Thus if any thing goes inside that will be easily visible. Secondarly skin of our ear canal is very sensitive and if any thing gets enter it , a sleeping fellow wakes up.

Considering these facts it is not possible that the insects you have named may reside in ear, however it is possible that accidentaly any of above insect may get in but they can't reside there.

The Maggots of tsetse fly have been reported in ear canal of those patients who have continous ear discharge for so many years.

therefore i would like to say you are little bit confussed and your trearting doctor is saying correct.

with regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor