Had unprotected sex. Noticed bumps on leg and scrotum. Any home remedy?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies
Question: Hi. I'm a 60 yo male who had an experience with an escort. Bad choice. I now seem to have 7 "bumps" on my leg, scrotum and suprapubic area. From online investigation I am pretty sure they are Molluscum growths. Do you have any recommendations for home remedies to help remove these bumps?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Molluscum contagiosum is a common viral infection of the skin. It results in firm bumps (papules) that are painless and usually disappear within a year without treatment. If the papules are scratched or injured, the infection can spread to surrounding skin.
Enhancing your immunity will help in an early recovery. You can consider taking a multivitamin- specially vitamin C and a zinc supplement. Leafy greens bolster the immune system as do fresh fruits.
You need to keep your skin dry to prevent the spread. Topically you can use tea tree oil or vitamin E enriched oil.
In case the bumps are persistent then consulting a dermatologist is advisable for a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Can you advise on the risk of infecting others especially during intercourse?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Skin to skin contact can cause the infection to spread. You will have to be careful till the lesions subside.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.