Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

122 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Had unprotected sex. Noticed bumps on leg and scrotum. Any home remedy?

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1994

Answered : 11516 Questions

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies
Question: Hi. I'm a 60 yo male who had an experience with an escort. Bad choice. I now seem to have 7 "bumps" on my leg, scrotum and suprapubic area. From online investigation I am pretty sure they are Molluscum growths. Do you have any recommendations for home remedies to help remove these bumps?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Molluscum contagiosum is a common viral infection of the skin. It results in firm bumps (papules) that are painless and usually disappear within a year without treatment. If the papules are scratched or injured, the infection can spread to surrounding skin.
Enhancing your immunity will help in an early recovery. You can consider taking a multivitamin- specially vitamin C and a zinc supplement. Leafy greens bolster the immune system as do fresh fruits.
You need to keep your skin dry to prevent the spread. Topically you can use tea tree oil or vitamin E enriched oil.
In case the bumps are persistent then consulting a dermatologist is advisable for a direct examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Can you advise on the risk of infecting others especially during intercourse?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Skin to skin contact can cause the infection to spread. You will have to be careful till the lesions subside.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Poxviruses

doctor1 MD

I have a strange situation that has 'persisted' for years now. For at least 5 years now, I've had these bumps on my scrotum that don't seem to go away. From what I can tell, they haven't really increased in number, but I think what is already there has been there for a long time. These bumps were there long before I was ever sexually active in any capacity, so I know it's not an STD or something caused by sexual contact. The bumps themselves are usually fairly hard. Just recently I found an unconventional method of extracting a couple to try and help figure out what they are. The bumps seem to be caused by these tough sacs or 'balls' that are filled with a whitish/yellowish substance. Not liquid, but a soft "cheesy" sort of consistency. Each bump occurrence only has one of these sacs, but there are a fair number of them which causing me to fairly self-conscious. Any ideas? I used to think it might be molluscum contagiosum, however the bumps don't really have the 'indent' in the middle that seems to be classic of molluscum contagiosum, and they've been there for 5 years at least. I've read that molluscum usually clears up in 2 years at most without treatment.

doctor1 MD

Hi I noticed two small bumps around my anus when going to the bathroom. I popped them and they started to bleed when I took a look at them I noticed they had a white core. Is this a clear indication of Molluscum Contagiosum or some kind of warts. After they were popped the white cores where very small about the size of a tip of a pen

doctor1 MD

hi my 3 yr old has some white pimple like things on her outer elbow. no itch, no fluid, no redness. and only on one arm. what are these and shd we be doing something about it? she was diagnosed as having molluscum contagiosum 6 mths ago, but the rashes looked quite different.

doctor1 MD

I'm pretty sure i have molluscum contagiosum on my penis. i've started to use salicylic acid on it as of yesterday. to early to tell if it is working but i have noticed that around the papules my skin is darkening where the salicylic acid was applied. will this dissapear after i am done using it?

doctor1 MD

I talked to a doctor about a month ago and he told me that I have STI. I recently realized that I have like 3 bumps on top of my penis, and it looks like one of my veins on top of my penis is swollen what can this mean?

doctor1 MD

some red pimple or allargy grown out side of penis doctor refer to use me to use Imiquimod cream . i want to know cause & remedy . i visited to doctor he obserbed & write Imiquimod cream & hizide-z capusle only

doctor1 MD

I went to clinic and doc told me i have molluscum and that it will eventually go away. I want to treat it now. Its gross on my hand. What can i do?