Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected intercourse after periods. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
I did not have sex. he did not enter me at all. it was five days after my last period but he did touch around there (not actually on my vagina area) with his penis on the outside. What is the earliest i can do a pregnancy test? could i still get pregnant? worried about pre-cum.

Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question,

Based on what you are describing it would be virtually impossible for you to get pregnant. Even under the best circumstances (with complete penetration and ejaculation into the vagina) the chance of pregnancy is only about 15 percent. So I am sure you did not get pregnant, but checking a pregnancy test is never a bad idea! The soonest it will turn positive is about two weeks after intercourse, or about when you would expect your next cycle.

So don't worry too much, do the test, and have some condoms on hand just in case!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions. Please leave feedback!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor