Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Had an painful outbreak of HSV2 on inner buttocks. How can I get rid of the skin discolouration?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I recently had an painful outbreak on my inner buttocks area; the dr diagnosed me with HSV2.. I've taken the anti viral drugs and everything seems to have healed, but I'm left with scarring on my buttocks as a result. How can I get rid of the skin discoloration? The area looks light pink..
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.

For these type of discolorations, ointments containing alovera and vitamin E will work.
If the discoloration is more anti-melanin ointments are preferable.
Better to consult dermatologist once and get examined to find out the nature and extent of the rash and take treatment accordingly.
She can prescribe locally available brands.
Don't scratch over the area, which can further aggravate the discoloration.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor