Growth on underside of tongue in 5 year old boy.
what is a mass on underside of tongue of a child?
Hello Ms. Ruppert, and welcome to Ask a Doctor. I have read your query and here is my advice.
-thyroglossal duct cyst
-ectopic thyroid gland
-ranula, which a translucent, bluish cyst
None of these is cancerous, but this mass ought to be evaluated by a pediatric ENT
Should you have additional questions, I will be happy to help.
Arnold Zedd, MD, FAAP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hi - my 7 year old daughter has been clearing
- I have bpv..lots of eye jerking and upper lip sweating
- from first symptoms how long before an appendix breaks? I
- having more wax in ear please suggest some medicine to
- I have a grandson age 7. He is lethargic, has
- I have a sinus infection and am taking Doxycycline 100mg
- After I had a kidney stone removed by hig frequence
- Hello- I have a concern regarding a lump like sensation
- Hi I finished my ear medicine drops (climdomycin) I think
- Good afternoon, I have a question my son is 24