Good evening doctor. I am continuing with duloxetine 20. Generally
Sleep still breaks in between, pls help me to set it right as a good restful sleep for 7-8 hours will make a huge difference. what tweaking in the other medicines will help me with better sleep?
Make Duloxetine 10 since next Friday.
I don't think taking Duloxetine just before breakfast or after breakfast makes any difference. I usually advise the drug should be taken with breakfast or after. The sedation you felt could be due to psychological reasons. Just ignore this totally. The drug should be taken at same time of the day. Slight delay resulted in slight sedation most probably.
You should start taking 10 mg Duloxetine from Friday that is 8th of March, morning. Till then continue to take 20 mg dose. No need to get worried.
After Duloxetine we will start tweaking Amitriptyline. Slight reduction of Amitriptyline would help in improving sleep quality.
No need to change medicines as of now.
Right now don’t make any specific change in medicines. First we will get rid of Duloxetine totally. Then we will come to Amitriptyline.
I hope you felt normal today and didn’t have much sedation in day time.
Keeping duloxetine same at 20, is there anything that can be done for better sleep? Sleep still remains an issue. Pls advise
Right now we will not make much change in prescription.
Yes I understood the doubt. Right now we will not change anything in your prescription. If we will tweak two medicines at one time thing might result in any adverse even or exacerbation of anxiety which I don't want.
Sleep will improve in quality too with time. No need to get worried.
From tomorrow morning you've to take 10 mg Duloxetine for next 5-7 days. You will feel better with this. Then we will shift to Amitriptyline.
I feel fatigued during the day and sometimes feel sleepy as well. Feel slight body aches. sweat more than the normal. Don't feel fresh. This has started happening for the last one week. Are these the withdrawal symptoms of duloxetine? if yes, should i switch to 10 from tomorrow or wait for some more time. Pls advise. Regards
No these are not due to withdrawal.
No I don't think these are withdrawal symptoms of Duloxetine. We have reduced the dose very gradually. You can start a good multivitamin and this will reduce the tiredness, fatigue and sleepiness.
You should make Duloxetine to 10 from tomorrow. No need to get worried.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?