question-icon

Good afternoon doctor. I have had viral fever and joint

Posted on Mon, 4 Mar 2019
Question: Good afternoon doctor. I have had viral fever and joint pains and swellings after two days. I visited a general physician who gave me dolo 650 and defcort 6. The pains subsided but came back in a few days. I visited a Rheumatologist after one and half month as pains persisted. He gave me multivitamin pills and defcort 6. RF factor is negative . Pains and swellings are under control when on medication however when I discontinued there in swellings in the ankle joints and phalanges. ESR is 35 and thyroid levels at 6. I do not have a history of diabetes, thyroid or any chronic issue. Please suggest my condition. is it viral arthiritis?
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It could be

Detailed Answer:
hi
I will suggest that you might need to take some disease modifying drug, like hydroxychloroquine, since you are getting relief with defcort, but pain is coming back after discontinuing it.
so I suggest you also check level of anti CCP, to see if it is positive.
regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist