Good Evening, I am really concerned: I am under the
I am really concerned: I am under the care of the worst neurologist in the world: first, I am an epileptic and secondly, I have severe PTSD (added insomnia due to night terrors). She gets back into the office the 2nd but won%E2%80%99t call in emergency scripts for ANY of my controlled substances%E2%80%94and going to an urgent care in Florida is like %E2%80%9Cdoctor shopping.%E2%80%9D I am already on what I personally believe an ineffective dose for my PTSD after being on the same 1mg of alprazolam and 2mg of clonazepam for three consecutive years...and now, I am OUT. WHAT DO I DO? Tell me there is an online doc who can verify my scripts and cut me an emergency supply SOMEWHERE! And a sleeping pill would be fantastic. I took Luminal back in the day because I am a natural sleepwalker and I ended up on the grassy lawn of a retirement home on Ambien%E2%80%94yikes. Non narco would be fine too.
please see details below
Hi and welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Your concern is well taken and i can understand the difficulty of the situation.However there are few things we need to see.
1. I am afraid to say that this would not be possible to get any online prescription for the said pills as these are controlled substance and by no mean would be possible for any one to prescribe online.So i understand this is not an option .Going to ER is the best way forward.I understand few times people can have bad experience going to ER but its not always the same and many times they have the best solution , in fact its the only way you can get your refill for the said drugs till you see your own doctor. I understand this may be a bit inconvenient for you not to have an online prescription but this is because these drugs have huge potential for abuse and may cause serious effects even deaths if inappropriately taken. So its in the best interest of the public .However the ER doc would understand how necessary its to refill your drug as we don't stop these drugs suddenly as they cause many problems .
2. The dose you mentioned is quite enough , though many times these drug need to be increased with time as they loss effect with prolong use , for same reason we don't advise prolongs use of the said drugs until specifically needed.You may discuss this with your doctor in the next visit if you need increase in the dose or even changing the drug, or adding another.
3. If you are not happy with your neurologist , You can express the special reason why yo don't like your doc, as ,many times its only the lack of communication between the doctor and patient .SO she may explain situation and may answer your concerns,Still if you are not happy , you have a right to ask for another opinion .
Hope i have answered your query , please feel free to ask anything else you need to know .
Kind Rgards Dr Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol