For the past 4 days I ve had an unknown

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For the past 4 days I've had an unknown skin irritation causing severe itchiness.I am not allergic to anything that I know of, have not changed soap, or detergent or eaten anything out of the ordinary. I am a very healthy person. There have been no bumps or bites or open sores like measles or chicken pox, which I have had. At times I scratch so much my skin feels hot. Should I see a Dr for this and/or get something like Hydrocortisone? I don't normally run to the Dr for anything. What do you suggest I do? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antihistamine and moisturizer

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a dry skin. I suggest you to apply a moisturizer, frequently.
In addition to this you may take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana