Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Fell down and developed a lump on the back of head. Should I go to the doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I just fell backwards inthe tiled kitchen and have a big lump on the top back of my head. It is very sore with a slight headache. should I go to the doctor? can I lay down and go back to sleep? should I take anything for pain? I am supposed toget an anit inflamatory Mobic 7.5 today for pain and swelling of my left knee. Can I still take them?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can wait and watch for couple of hours Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about the incident; it must be painful for you. You should go to the doctor if you feel the below symptoms: - blurring of vision - headache - vomiting - ear ache - dizziness or fainting spells If you do not experience these symptoms, and if it just the soreness with slight headache, you can wait and watch for a couple of more hours. In any case, if the symptoms worsen or if you feel more uncomfortable, please go to the doctor. Yes, if you are not feeling worse, you can just lay down and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. You can take Mobic 7.5 mg as usual. This would take care of the pain due to injury as well. There is no need to take additional pain killer for this injury. Get well soon. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor