Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Feeling like ears popping always. Have some type of ear barotrauma. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
For several months, I have had trouble with my ears popping like I'm on a plane. But they do it randomly and there doesn't seem to be a trigger. I'm tried all the techniques I've seen online like yawning, chewing gum, holding my nose and pushing air out, but nothing really works. When I put my head between my legs or lie down, it stops it, but usually only temporarily. It's usually my right ear only, but sometimes it's both. I don't think it's wax or congestion as some people speculate, it's been going on for so long I can only think that I have some type of ear barotrauma and that the eustachion tybe is malfunctioning. I don't have health insurance right now so I don't know what to do.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sinus infection/ear infections leads popping ears.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Sinus infection or home remedies like chewing gum, yawning, holding nose and other stuff.

So I would advice you to try nasal decongestant Vicks Sinex VapoSpray Moist. 12-hr Ultra Fine Mist Decongestant Nasal Pump , it will reduce the nasal congestion and help air to rome freely. So it will have equal air balance between inner and outer ear. It will help to reduce the sinus issues.

If it do not get better then it may be due to infection in ear and you will need to see near by physician who can inspect into you ear to see any fluid present in it.

Thanks for the query and feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor