Dr. Anders Mark Christensen Hello Doc, thanks for follow up--so

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 25 Dec 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen
Hello Doc, thanks for follow up--so far I feel fine but have not indulged in any sex activity and am still a little freaked out. tentative. However, I feel I will be fine in time because even though I am 51 years old. I had been riding a bicycle to work everyday for the last 11 years, a total of around 10 miles per day. I am athletic with a good energy level for a guy like me--OLD. I have been a quick healer and had a similar issue with clots 3 or four years ago....Never any pain. The funny thing is that working the legs everyday leads to increased sex drive=even at 51--who needs Viagra? I take biotin and an occasional one a day vitamin and eat a lot of fish and vegetables . my urine has been clear and stream is fine. If you have any suggestions please let me know--I believe in being honest about my health in all aspects.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It all sounds fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi again Irishbillycal,

It sounds to me like everything is going fine, and that is obviously great! I do not remember if you have had a cystoscopy or a computed tomography scan? If not, I suggest you have one at your convenience, just to rule out anything serious. To ease your mind, cancer is very rare in your age, and the blood in your urine was most likely caused by strenuous physical activities.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj