Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Done with semen analysis test. Prescribed with levoflozacin. Duration of the treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
After trying to have (a third) baby for 6 months now, with no luck, my husband had to go for a semen analysis. My doctor prescribed Levoflozacin winthrop 250 once daily for 30 days for my husband. How long after finishing this prescription will we be able conceive?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that the semen report was suggestive of a mild infection. The antibiotic that has been given to your husband will take care of the infection. After stopping the antibiotic, it is best to wait for three months so that all the sperms produced are healthy and the chances of conception are better.
Be sure to have regular sex at least on every alternate day during the fertile period of your cycle Day 9-18 in a regular 28 day cycle.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor