Does treatment with Azithromycin make chlamydia infection less contagious?
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It is not completely true. Ii is correct in 70% of cases an dis some cases azitromicin wont even cure infection. It is recommended not to have sexual intercourse for at least 10 days after azitromicin or 10 days after last dose of doxyciclin.
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for chlamydia infection
- Diagnosis of chlamydia infection
- Drugs/medication for chlamydia infection
- Is morgidox used in the treatment of chlamydia infection?
- Chlamydia infection treatments
- Chlamydia infection in throat
- Flucloxacillin egenst chlamydia infections
- Is it good to squeeze chlamydia infection on penis
- Symptoms of chlamydia infection
- Chlamydia infection causes