question-icon

Does the efficacy of Latanoprost decrease if stored below the recommended temperature?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Question: Will the efficacy of latanoprost goes down if the storage temperature of Latanoprost goes down below 0 degree centigrade as against the prescribed temperature of 2 to 8 degree centigrade? My fridge temperature goes down below 0 in winter.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Will drop if frozen. Will be unaffected otherwise.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Yes, the stability of the solution may go down if not stored at the recommended temperature and the efficacy may drop if it becomes frozen. However, if not frozen the efficacy is likely to remain unaffected.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha