Does taking Setraline and Pentoxifylline cause stomach ache and sweating ?

Question
I am taking setraline and pentoxifylline. Yesterday i I added terbinafine to my daily meds. Last night I had stomachache and sweating. I am 58 and normally do not have sweating like that. Could this be contributed to the drug combinations?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
possible interaction reduce the dosage

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Sertralin isantidepressant terbinafine is antifungal and pentoxifyline is a hemorrhagic agent. Stomachache and gastric discomfort is the string attached with all three of them so yes for stomach troubles.
Now sweating is sertralin in just 1 % of cases and gastric discomfort may predisposes that effect of sertralin by gastrointestinal NANC pathways or might just be a more than needed sertraline.
I suggest you reduce the dose of sertralin and see if it helps. 25 to 50 mg is what I propose.discuss the odds with your doctor who prescribed and let them decide what is best for you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX