Does taking Setraline and Pentoxifylline cause stomach ache and sweating ?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am taking setraline and pentoxifylline. Yesterday i I added terbinafine to my daily meds. Last night I had stomachache and sweating. I am 58 and normally do not have sweating like that. Could this be contributed to the drug combinations?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
possible interaction reduce the dosage

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Sertralin isantidepressant terbinafine is antifungal and pentoxifyline is a hemorrhagic agent. Stomachache and gastric discomfort is the string attached with all three of them so yes for stomach troubles.
Now sweating is sertralin in just 1 % of cases and gastric discomfort may predisposes that effect of sertralin by gastrointestinal NANC pathways or might just be a more than needed sertraline.
I suggest you reduce the dose of sertralin and see if it helps. 25 to 50 mg is what I propose.discuss the odds with your doctor who prescribed and let them decide what is best for you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX