Does pain in the right eye require medical attention?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 25 May 2018 in General Health
Question: I have pain in my right eye. I have been seeing a Retina Specialist and had surgery for Cystoid Macular Edema last December. My pain started yesterday and I don't see the doctor until Thursday. Should I give him a call tomorrow or can it wait until I see him on Thursday?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get in touch with doctor

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your doctor should be informed about your discomfort .If the ache is more,one can always take a painkiller but the doctor has to be informed about recent developments.There are few condetions where an expert openion is required depending upon the condetion of the eye.
Since it is four days for your appointment,get in touch with the doctor and in the meantime if discomfort is more,a painkiller will help.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Thanks Dr. Misra, I will call the DR's office in the morning.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doctor to be informed

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Do get in touch with the doctor and any further query in this regard please do get back to me.