Does high blood sugar increase the chances of cardiovascular disease?
One of Aunts is a case of ASD closure in 1994, she recently underwent medical test wherein here ECG shows some changes and also 2D echo and Stress test have some findings. Her Sugar levels are also found to be high (Urine sugar-++++ and HbA1C-6.9).
Kindly suggest for future action in this case and will she be fine in future.
Have attached all reports. please guide.
Further Cardiac evaluation is required
After going through the medical details of your aunt I understand your concern for her health and I would like to tell you that as your aunt is found to have high blood sugar she is at higher risk of cardiovascular disease than a healthy person.
Her ECG, Echocardiography and stress test all are suggestive of inducible Ischaemia that can be fatal as well and needs further evaluation with an Angiography to evaluate the severity of disease and to decide the line of treatment.
Kindly personally see a cardiologist and get an Angiography done.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cardiovascular disease score
- Hcvd hypertensive cardiovascular disease
- High cholesterol cardiovascular disease
- Lactitol is useful in cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease and mental illness
- Kidney disease and cardiovascular disease
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Cortisone and cardiovascular disease
- Lactitol in cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease and renal failure
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?