Does Indomethacin interact with Probenecid?
After about 1 hour.
I have read your query.
First thing I want to clear you is that excretion of indomethacin drugs from your body is reduce by probenecid, as probenecid increases its (indomethacin) concentration ( in your body) and prolonging its (indomethacin) effects.
Above explanation I always give to my patients, so that they cannot take indomethacin immediately and in excess dose, especially with probenecid.
I usually advise my patients to have probenecid with indomethacin as less dose of indomethacin is required in that case.
So, I advise you to have indomethacin after 1 hour and in dose strictly prescribed by you doctor.
I hope you have got your answer.
DR.CAHDNER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?
- Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?
- What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...
- Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?
- Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?
- Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?
- Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...
- What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?
- Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?
- What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?