Does GERD causes air entrapment inside the stomach? Does it
Answer given below
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
No GERD does not cause ''air entrapment inside stomach.
Severe form of GERD can cause asthma like symptoms.
You are suffering from GERD for only the past 2 years. If you take medications and modify lifestyle, you can even prevent the development of Barrett's esophagus. Barrett's esophagus develops in only about 10% of those with GERD and that too when it is for a longer duration and not controlled with medications and lifestyle changes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?