Does 3 tablets of 10 mg Oxycodone has similar effect as 1 tablet of 30 mg Oxycodone?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What is the difference between taking oxycodone ,tablet only, 30mg (small blue pill) as I was prescribed: and three oxycodone, tablet only, 10mg (small pink pills) being substituted to me by my ALF until refill becomes available. They don't seem to control the pain.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No difference in efficacy

Detailed Answer:

Thereotically there should be no difference in the effectiveness of pain management of 3 '10 mg' oxycodone and One '30 mg' oxycodone. You can take them till the refill is done. However do not abuse it over the prescribed dose and the efficacy would not last long as they have addiction potential.