Do burning urination and vaginal irritation along with white discharge pose a serious concern?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 14 Nov 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have burning when i pee and i have vaginal irritation no foul odors and a white discharge no smells i thought maybe it was a yeast infection so i bought a otc yeast medication but no luck and i cant get into the doctor office until monday.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly you have an infection of Genito Urinary Tract.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for query.

Based on the facts that you have posted the burning urination and irritation of vagina that you have is mostly due infection of Genito Urinary tract.

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments.

1) Are you Diabetic?

Get done your routine urine test and urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad-spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurantoin and urine alkalizer. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thanks and regards,
Dr. P.T. Patil, Urologist