Owl Image

Dizziness after taking zomelismet and udliv 150. Test showed high blood sugar level. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Aug 2012
Aug 2012

Diabetologist
Question
I am taking zomelismet 50, glycinorm 80and udliv 150 twice a day for the past 15 days and suddenly i felt giddy and when checked my blood sugar was 53
before administering the medicine my random sugar was pp320 and random was 230
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Before answering your query please let me know if your Diabetes is newly diagnosed or you have it since many years.

If it is diagnosed 15 days back then please do NOT restart these medications again and continue your blood pressure medications.

Tomorrow onwards taking tablet Metformin will be good enough for you for appropriate doses and frequency, please contact your diabetologist as due to HCM's policy I cannot prescribe you medication/doses online.

If you have been suffering with diabetes since many years, then please let me know your height/weight and duration of diabetes and duration of blood pressure problem and I shall get back to you.
Meanwhile keep your current medication for diabetes on hold.

I shall wait for your further data to answer you in more details.

Follow-up: Dizziness after taking zomelismet and udliv 150. Test showed high blood sugar level. What to do? 5 minutes later
Thank you doctor.
You are correct. I have been diagnosed for diabetics only 15 days back and as per your advise i will go with metformin after consulting my diabetologist.
With warm regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 5 hours later
All the best. Take care.