Did PT and after standing pain in knee back side
No PT till knee is painless and bruise is stable.
Hi , I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read your question .
There has to be a cause for fresh bruise in the post part of knee - it could be related to sprain in the posterior muscles like hamstrings. The diagnosis will be clear only after MRI which I would recommend after about 2 weeks of injury , if there is no improvement,
With a bruise and pain I would not recommend any PT exercises. You can resume PT only after the pain has subsided and bruise is stable.
You can start mild pain killers and a knee support to ease the pain- any PT will only aggravate the pain.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?