Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with lymes disease. Could I ask a Doctor?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
my daughter has been diagnosed - finally - with lymes after 14 years of agony. She is only 28 now. Her story of types of treatments, medical care (Mayo included) is at least as big as a bible. I have heard of a specialist from several people I have met in Napa but don't see her name on the list when I searched for it online. My daughter needs someone who can assist her - and takes cases that other doctors have sadly said they couldn't help
anymore . We thought we would try finding a doctor - preferably in No Calif - before we perhaps go to Germany and seek help there from a doctor who has been having phenomenal results.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later

So your daughter is diagnosed with Chronic Lyme disease syndrome. Follow-up may be important in patients with the chronic sequelae of post-Lyme disease syndrome. The symptoms may be refractory to conventional therapies.

I suggest a Consultation with a neurologist and Rheumatolgist in Lyme disease endemic area who are aware of day to day dealing of such cases. Since Northern California is endemic you may approach the physicians there. If you are not able to find you need to travel to WI or MA which are relatively more endemic. This is especially true for your daughter who was diagnosed with persistent or chronic Lyme disease, such as chronic fatigue syndrome.

My search landed in these details:

WWW.WWWW.WW XXXXXXX Green, MD from Los Altos, California, is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of XXXXXXX College in Biology and Ecology, an appropriate choice for a doctor treating tick borne diseases.

Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX a board certified immunologist. Dr. XXXXXXX has three patents, over 100 formal publications in immunology and Lyme disease, and three book chapters. He helped found ILADS in 1999 and is an active member of numerous societies. He is on the Board of Directors of WWW.WWWW.WW and of the International Lyme and Associated Disease Society.

XXXXXXX L. Hoggard, Pharm. Chico, California. His interest in Lyme was borne out of his search for proper treatment for his Lyme-infected children. Mr. Hoggard is a frequent lecturer to physicians and patients on the subject of antibiotic therapy in Lyme. Devoting much of his time to research, education, and treatment of Lyme disease

It is really challenging to treat a person with fatigue.

All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with lymes disease. Could I ask a Doctor? 18 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I will get back to you with more questions as they come up. Will our conversations thus far be saved for you to review?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later

You can ask me here on the same discussion for next 3 days, else you can use this link to connect to me ever after.


Thank you for listening here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with lymes disease. Could I ask a Doctor? 16 hours later
Thank you Dr. Mazumdar,

My daughter and her doctors' are researching these possibilities for her - thank you so much. I was attempting to find contact information for Dr. Hoggard in Chico, Calif and can not find a listing or any number for him. Hopefully that information is listed in one of the doctors' books.

I will use your link for our further questions.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 hours later
Sure let me know if you have further queries. I will try to search the doctors info too.

For now if you do not have any more queries pl close it here
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor