Dear Doctor, Since the past two months I'm passing mucus
Since the past two months I'm passing mucus only and blood at times in stools.
Whenever i eat anything or even if i drink tea or water i have to rush to the toilet.
Nothing remains in the stomach after eating. Feel burning in the throat and
The minute i get up from bed everytime i have to rush at the toilet.
I cannot stand,bend nor walk properly. Legs shake everytime.
On telephonic conversation with a doctor he advised me to get Stool Routine done as attached.
One day a large worm with a big mouth was passed in stools.
The Doctor advised me to take
Tab Zentel for 2 days and repeat 1 tablet after 12 days.
Tab Rifagut 400 for 10 days.
Please advise since I cannot eat because the minute i eat i have to leave for toilet.
Please advise about weakness in legs too.
Thankyou, XXXXXXX Dubash
As detailed below
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history, read the reports and understood the concerns.
As the Stool is showing pus cells in plenty along with RBCs, it indicates an intestinal infection. This causes bleeding hence showing blood and occult blood positive.
Orno-O and Rifagut should help to control infection and symptoms although it may take a few days.
Considering your age we have to find the causes by contrasts enhanced CT scan and Colonoscopy as well as relevant blood tests and review stool examination to know the response to the medication.
Also needed are medications to slow down the bowel movements and stop going for passing stools.
Also take probiotics, activated charcoal and curds with bananas.
Symptoms that you noted indicate less intake and excessive loss of electrolytes causing leg weakness.
Please update the recent progress with the already prescribed medication.
Take all the medications as prescribed.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...