Could severe straining during a bowel movement cause blurred vision?
This is unlikley. I will say be calm and observe only at this time!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this blurry vision you have reported following straining during a bowel movement. A vasovagal reflex could have caused this at that time but not lasting for 5days after the incident. If your vision is acceptable and in the absence of any other symptom, I will recommend that you stay calm and let's monitor the vision only. My believe is that this will resolve spontaneously without the need of any additional medical attention. I will only recommend further evaluation by an ophthalmologist if these symptoms persist beyond 2weeks from onset or your vision deteriorates before that.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rhinoplasty caused blurred vision
- Could swelling cause blurred vision randomly
- Temporary blurred vision causes
- Could a tence shoulder cause blurred vision
- Blurred vision during pregnancy
- Causes intermittent blurred vision
- What could cause dizzinessnausea and blurred vision
- What could be the cause of blurred vision
- Implanon causes blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision