Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Child got head injury. Noticed raised lump above ears. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
My nephew bumped his head than cried himself to sleep but I notice he has a raised lump above both eyes but I'm not sure whether his head is normally like that! I was a bit worried but he is easily wakened when I rub on his hand! Would he need to be checked over and should he be sleeping? Sorry lump above both ears not eyes.. He is awake and crawling but should his mum get those lumps checked?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 6 hours later
Welcome to HCM!
Lump above both ears is strange after a fall!
Usually if he fell on one side,the lump should be on that side only
Is it soft to touch and of fluid consistency?
The child now awake and crawling and feeding without vomiting are good signs.
Hope also he is smiling,cooing,playing with mom,etc which are also suggestive that he is ok.
Anyway if these lumps are something new which happened after the fall,you have to definitely show the child to the doctor.
All the best
God bless
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor