Child diagnosed with an extra heart muscle. Will this cause any effect on growth?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Growth and Development in Children
Question: My son, at 2 , was diadnosed with an extra heart muscle. He is now 3. He has no problems at all. What is this called? How will it affect him growing up? Can he play sports or be physically active? He was diagnosed in Lithuania where he was born. I am Canadian and do not know the English terminology for this.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

What was the basis for the diagnosis made for your son as such a condition is unheard of? I request you to get his echo cardiography done which will give us the diagnosis. It will be better to discuss with your doctor and let us know the medical diagnosis so that we can respond to your other queries.

I hope you appreciate the limitation of guiding you without having the facts. Waiting to get the details from you.

Wishing your son all the best.

RKK